In our first article, we covered everything that you needed to know about name plates. Now, in this article, we take you through how house name plates have an important significance in our Indian culture.
In our Indian culture and society; a house has a special place in people’s hearts. Buying a new home is a mark of significant achievement and importance in people’s life. A proper house to live in is a necessity for every individual. And in India, ‘Vastu Shashtra’ is followed while deciding on the essential elements of a home.
Vastu Shashtra is a traditional Indian system of architecture. These are texts found on the Indian subcontinent that describe principles of design, layout, measurements, ground preparation, space arrangement, and spatial geometry. A few of the crucial elements include the position of the front door, decoration around the main entrance, materials used for the main entrance and the house name plate, among others.
According to Vastu Shastra, it is essential to ensure proper placement and balancing of five elements, which include earth, air, space, fire, and water, to ensure peace, prosperity, and happiness. The fact that these five elements make up our body forms the basis of the principles of Vastu Shashtra.
In this article, we will let you know how to select a home name plate following the principles of Vastu Shashtra.
Name Plates and Vastu Shashtra
Apart from enhancing the décor of a house and creating a first good impression, house name plates are essential in ensuring that your house conforms to the principle of Vastu Shashtra. According to the Vaastu Shastra, if your home does not have a nameplate, it will be difficult for opportunities to find their way to you.
According to Jayshree Dhamani, a Vastu Shastra and astrology expert, homeowners should always put up a name plate, as it is like a ‘tikka’ on the forehead.
“As per Vastu Shastra principles, the main door of a home is not only the entry point for the family but also energy. So, if your home doesn’t have a name plate, it will be difficult for opportunities to find their way to you. A name plate should be readable, clear, and pleasing to the eye. Choose the right material for the nameplate, for positivity and harmony.” advises Dhamani.
Name Plate Materials, according to Vastu Shashtra.
Tips for putting up a house name plate 
- If space permits, always have the name plate at the front of the main door or the adjoining wall. It attracts opportunities, along with prosperity and well-being.
- Ensure the house name plate is large enough to write the whole name or surname
- Ensure the house name plate is legible
- The design should match with the overall front area theme.
- The main door, as well as the home name plate, should be well lit. For this, you can use LED name plates.
- Ensure that the home name plate is regularly cleaned and is dust-free
- The name plate can be stylish, yet it should be simple. It is vital to avoid cluttered name plates with many complex, intricate designs and engravings.
Custom name plates are in trend. This way, you can ensure that you comply with all these principles of Vastu Shashtra. Zoci Voci name plates consider all these decisions making aspects of our customers in mind while making designer name plates.
To read more about Name Plates, here is the list of articles we have written: